49 Riverside St. New Glasgow NS


1-877-900-7200 | 902-755-3473


Monday to Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm

S. Allen & Sons DKI can restore a fire damaged structure to its original pre-loss condition.

A fire can be a traumatic experience to any home or business owner. Not only is there the inherent danger of the flames as they destroy a home or facility, but there are also the after-effects of soot, debris, odor, smoke and structural damage. For most, a fire is an unimaginable event, yet it occurs from a variety of causes.

Be mindful of the top 5 causes of fires:

  • Cooking Fire: Splattering grease, unattended kitchens and combustibles near heat sources are all common fire instigators.
  • Home Heating Fires: Have your furnace inspected regularly and keep portable heaters safely away from combustibles.
  • Smoking: If you smoke in or near the house, always make sure the cigarette butt is fully put out.
  • Electrical Fires: Watch for frayed cords, overuse of extension cords and overloaded outlets.
  • Candles: Never leave lit candles unattended.

The Importance of Prompt Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Services

Fires are inevitable, and when they occur, you’ll want someone who can repair any structural damage, as well as remove any smoke damage stains, soot coatings and odors to get the property back to pre-loss condition. That’s where a fire damage restoration contractor comes into the picture. S. Allen & Sons Ltd. can generally be onsite within two hours to mitigate the damages, secure your property and begin emergency cleaning to priority items. While onsite, the property will be inspected, damage assessments and preliminary estimates will be written to provide a comprehensive restoration plan. This may include removing smoke & odor removal, deodorizing, structural cleaning, structural repair, content restoration, etc.


For more information on fire damage repair and smoke damage mitigation, contact us today.